Here is a look at what we will be learning this week in Kindergarten….
- New Sight words: see, the
- Pumpkin Picking letter and sound song
- Sight word songs and dance
- Buddy Reading, Independent Reading, Library, Word Wall, Listening Center
- Next week we will learn how to use our writing center
- Phonemic Awareness
- Predictable Sentences: I can see the ______pumpkin.
- Predictable Sentence class book
Theme: Social Studies/Science
- Stages of a pumpkin
- How a pumpkin grows crown
- Pumpkin video
- 5 little pumpkins song
- Pumpkin Investigation
- How many lines, how tall, circumference, exploring the inside, will it sink or float, describe the inside and outside
- Wow Pictures
- Writing with sight words and beginning sounds
- Intro to finger spaces
- Missing Number Pumpkins
- Roll and Record Pumpkins
- What comes next?
- Pumpkin number order puzzles
- Pumpkin measuring
Odds and Ends
- No School Monday
- I will not be at school on Friday. Please remind your kiddo they will have a substitute.
- Homework starts up Monday. Homework packets are due on Friday
- Gym: Tuesday and Wednesday…wear gym shoes
- Our field trip to the pumpkin patch is October 26th. Please turn in the permission slip and $15 cash ASAP. Chaperones will be contacted.
- If your child brought home a snack letter, please bring snacks on Tuesday.
- Wish List for our classroom
- Candy pumpkins, candy corn