· Hello Neighbor Song
"I'm a little penguin"
Learning poems and sounds for every letter
Go Noodle stretching and dancing
- New Sight words: do, that, they
- I, like, see, the, we, like, big, little, can, and, to, look, at, my, yes, no, you, have, a, am, run, go, here, eat, he, she, in, out, was, me, is, on, be, with, it, play, are, of, with, said, up, down
- Sight word songs and dance
- We practiced rotating centers last week and did a wonderful job
- This week we will learn all of the fun activities we can do at "word wall" center.
- Playdough sight words, sight word jewels, magic sight words, spin a word, roll and record a sight word, rainbow writing and much much more!
- After testing all of the kids I have noticed a need to practice identifying sight words. Please practice DAILY every sight word covered up to this point. A great way to practice is using flash cards. If you need any fun ideas, send me an email and I can give you tons of fun ways to learn sight words.
Parts of a penguin
Penguin predator and prey
<, >, = penguins
Penguin feet measuring
Groundhog Day prediction graphing
ST math on Ipads, penguin measuring, exploration, Id numbers up to 20 and showing correct amount using double 10 frames
Odds and Ends
- Remember…every Wednesday is Warrior Wednesday. Wear your Ray gear or green!
- No school on Friday
- If you have not signed up to help in the classroom, please fill out the "I'd love to help" form sent home last week
- PRACTICE all of the sight words covered in kindergarten up to this point. I have noticed many of the students are struggling with identifying, writing and spelling many sight words.
- WISH LIST
- goldfish crackers