· Snail greeting
· Sight word castle
· Go noodle
- New Sight words: eight, nine, ten
- Practice the following words at home as well… I, can, like, see , the, and, a, look, have, are, is, for, my, go, play, am, here, run, we, in, eat, you, will, big, little, me, on, with, said, at, come, it, up, down, this, be, his, her, zero, out, was, all, love, one, because, why, two, three, they, but is, she, four, five, that, day, six, as, of, seven, yes, no
- Sight word songs and dance
- Teacher Table: Each group will be reading a book based on their reading level. Each group will have a different focus for their story.
- guided reading, fish writing
- Projector Center: writing sentences using new and old sight words. Students are focusing on creating a 5 star sentence.
- Library: reading independently or with a buddy self- selected books from our library
- Writing Center: Students will have their choice of the following at writing center:
- Picture cards: choose a card, draw a picture and write a sentence about the picture.
- Independent journal: free write and draw in their journal
- Sticker Stories: choose 1 sticker and write a story about it
- Art Center: Snail art, independent creations from paint, markers, stamps, crayons, tissue paper, colored pencils, stencils, etc.
- Parent Games: Sight word castles
- IPad’s: choice of ABC mouse or RAZ kids
- Parts of a snail
- All about snails
- Snail facts
- March Journals
- Shape puzzles
- Body Height comparison
- 3d shape museums
- Growing Train
- Teens on a double teen frame
- Math Centers
- ST math
- Number scrolls
- Snail patterns
- Top it
- Remember…every Thursday is SPIRIT DAY. Wear your Ray gear or green!
- We are in need of a parent volunteer every Thursday from 9:30-10:30 to help with parent games. If you are interested in helping and committing to the rest of the year please send me an email.
- There will be no school on April 1st. CPS is encouraging parents to keep their students home. If this is not possible CPS will offer several contingency sites.
- We will celebrate March birthdays this Thursday. If you are sending a treat for the class with your child, please send me an email.