· Crazy Greeting
· 5 senses song
Beach Ball sight word toss
- New Sight words: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, black, brown, purple, pink, white, gray
- Practice the following words at home as well… I, can, like, see , the, and, a, look, have, are, is, for, my, go, play, am, here, run, we, in, eat, you, will, big, little, me, on, with, said, at, come, it, up, down, this, be, his, her, zero, out, was, all, love, one, because, why, two, three, they, but is, she, four, five, that, day, six, as, of, seven, yes, no, away, by, do
- Sight word songs and dance
- Teacher Table: Each group will be reading a book based on their reading level. Each group will have a different focus for their story.
- guided reading
- Library: reading independently or with a buddy self- selected books from our library
- Writing Center: Students will have their choice of the following at writing center:
- Picture cards: choose a card, draw a picture and write a sentence about the picture.
- Independent journal: free write and draw in their journal
- ABC books
- Free write
- Sticker Stories: choose 1 sticker and write a story about it
- Puppet Theater: acting out stories with puppets
- Word Wall: Building/Writing sight words with choice of…playdoh, wikki stix, puff balls, jewels, rainbow writing, stack and build, spin and win, write it build it, roll and record
- Parent Games: ZINGO
- IPad’s: choice of ABC mouse or RAZ kids
My 5 senses
My 5 senses book
- 3d shape creations out of toothpicks and mini marshmallows
- What is my rule?
- Number Scrolls
- Top it
Odds and Ends
- Remember…every Thursday is SPIRIT DAY. Wear your Ray gear or green!
- We are in need of a parent volunteer every Thursday from 9:30-10:30 to help with parent games. If you are interested in helping and committing to the rest of the year please send me an email.
- Report Card Pick- Up is April 13th. If you have not signed up please do so ASAP. The open time slots are listed below.
- Spring Break: April 16-24
- We are in need of a couple donations for the upcoming week: mini marshmallows and toothpicks. If you are interested in donating, please send me a dojo message of email.
- We are running low on snacks. If you are willing to donate, please bring snacks on Monday or Tuesday.
- I have a Dr.'s appointment on Monday, please remind your child they will have a substitute teacher.