We are off to a great start in Room 101. Over the next couple of weeks we will be striving to set a strong routine in our room. We are working hard at following directions and becoming a community made up of peacemakers. J Each week I will update our classroom blog (found on the Ray website) with what’s happening in our room, reminders and important information. Please make sure you check it out weekly. Below are a few odds and ends to help you out.
- Every student needs to have a labeled backpack and folder that they will bring to school every day. If you have any notes for me remind your child to place them in the “notes from home” basket, or hand them to me. Student folders are to come back and forth from school each day. Folders should be emptied out each night so new notes and projects can be placed in them daily.
- All kindergarten specials are from 2:45-3:45. For the 1st week I will be dismissing your child along with their specials teacher. Please introduce yourself to them and remind your kiddo to tell the teacher “bye” before leaving. Over the next 5 weeks they will be dismissed by the gym or art teacher at the end of each day. Please be on time. J
- Accidents happen…please pack an extra pair of undies and pants in your child’s backpack.
- Please subscribe to our Class Dojo (information was sent home yesterday). We will kick off our Class Dojo next week. You will be able to have updates on how your little one is doing throughout the day. All specials teachers will be using Class Dojo too! Last year was the first year for Dojo and it was AMAZING! Please subscribe asap.
- Pick up is at 8:40 and drop off is at 3:40. Please meet us alongside the wall by the exit doors at dismissal and at our number 101 at arrival.
- Students may bring a water bottle to keep in the classroom. They must have a secure lid that students can open and close to prevent spills. Only water may be kept in the bottle.
- Please fill out and return any paperwork ASAP.
- If your child is tardy they will need to get a tardy slip from the security officer at the front of the school on the 1st floor.
- I will be handing out snack donation letters next week. Please donate this week if you are able to. I am asking for nut free snacks, for 25 students. Some great examples are: goldfish, veggie straws, raisins, fruit snacks, etc.
- Please drop off school supplies ASAP if you have not already done so.
- As you may have noticed… I am expecting my 2nd child very soon! His official arrival date is scheduled for September 22nd, but he may come earlier! We have interviewed for my maternity leave substitute and found a really strong match. We are simply waiting on paperwork to go through. I am hoping once everything is finalized she can start volunteering and getting to know the kids. I will not be at school on Fridays from here on out due to Dr. appts. Please remind your kiddo Friday morning. I will be returning to school after winter break.
- If you have any questions/concerns, please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
I’m looking forward to a wonderful school year!