Here is a sneak peak at what we will be doing in kindergarten this week….
· Good morning poem
- Activity: Four gingerbread men poem and the 5 little reindeer song
- New Sight words: big, little, me
- Practice the following words at home as well… I, can, like, see , the, and, look, have, are, is, for, my, go, play, am, here, run, we, in, eat, you, will
- Sight word songs and dance
- Predictable Sentence: The (animal) is in the (big/little) mitten.
- Predictable Sentence class book
- Teacher Table: guided reading, phonics games
- Art Center: independent creations from paint, markers, stamps, crayons, colored pencils, stencils, etc.
- Library: Reading books from our class library with a friend, stuffed animal or independently
- Word Wall: Building/Writing sight words with choice of…playdoh, wikki stix, puff balls, jewels, rainbow writing, stack and build
- Writing Center: Students will have their choice of the following at writing center:
- Picture cards: choose a card, draw a picture and write a sentence about the picture.
- Independent journal: free write and draw in their journal
- December crowns
- Sticker Stories: choose 1 sticker and sound out the word and draw a picture
- Parent Games: Burnt Fry
- IPad’s: choice of ABC mouse or RAZ kids
- The Mitten and The Hat
- Sequencing stories
- Compare and contrast the stories
- Mitten art project
- December Journals
- ST math
- Rope Shapes
- Teddy bear positions
- Mitten Measuring
- Hot chocolate addition
- Gingerbread man squeeze
- Magna Tiles
- Snow much addition
- Roll a snowflake
- The winter assembly is this Tuesday at 1:45 in the auditorium. Grades K-4 will be performing.
- If you are interested in volunteering for our “winter celebration” on Friday, please email me asap.
- Dress up this week to show your spirit…
- Wednesday is Gingerbread Day (dress up like your favorite character from the many gingerbread books we have read in class)
- Thursday is Ray Spirit day (wear green and white)
- Friday is PJ day (wear your snuggly jammies, slippers and bring a stuffed animal to school)
- Please check out our blog weekly. I post weekly pictures of what we are doing in our classroom!!