Here is a sneak peak at what we will be doing in kindergarten this week….
· Hello Neighbor
· Snowflakes song
- Activity: Hot potato
- New Sight words: at, come, it
- Practice the following words at home as well… I, can, like, see , the, and, look, have, are, is, for, my, go, play, am, here, run, we, in, eat, you, will, big, little, me, on, with, said
- Sight word songs and dance
- CVC words and chopping out the sounds
- Sequencing steps of building a snowman
- Teacher Table: dibels testing
- Art Center: independent creations from paint, markers, stamps, crayons, colored pencils, stencils, etc.
- Listening Center: Students will listen to the story, “Footprints in the snow” and draw a picture about the story.
- Word Wall: Building/Writing sight words with choice of…playdoh, wikki stix, puff balls, jewels, rainbow writing, stack and build
- Buddy Reading: Reading books with a buddy
- Parent Games: CVC Lego creations
- Reading CVC words on legos and building your own creation
- IPad’s: choice of ABC mouse or RAZ kids
- Dressing for the snow
- Describing Winter
- Martin Luther King Jr
- All about MLK
- Our Dreams
- ST math
- Tally Marks
- Counting snowflakes
- Number writing
- Missing number
- Snowman symmetry
- Magna Tiles
- The train game
Odds and Ends
- Snack Helpers for this week
- London, Charlie F., Gavina, Esme
- There will not be school on January 18th in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
- I will not be at school this Friday. Please remind your child they will have a substitute that day.
- Starting next week I will not be sending home paper newsletters. Please check our blog weekly for all updates.
- Scholastic orders are due January 20th.