Here is a sneak peak at what we will be doing in kindergarten this week….
· Good morning greeting in Spanish, “Buenos Dias“
- Activity: Bat poem
- 5 little pumpkins song
- Spooky October song
- New Sight words: look, have
- Practice the following words at home as well… I, can, like, see , the, and
- Sight word songs and dance
- Phonemic Awareness
- Predictable Sentence: Look, bats have a ______.
- Predictable Sentence class book
- The letters we have covered in class are: B, D, F, H, K, L, M, N, P, R, S, T, V, Z, G, J, Q, W, X, Y
- We will be learning the following vowels this week: A, E, I
- **Teacher Table: guided reading, sight word and letter recognition practice
- Independent Reading: reading books from our book box
- Library: Reading books from our class library with a friend, stuffed animal or independently
- Word Wall: Building/Writing sight words with choice of…playdoh, wikki stix, puff balls, jewels, rainbow writing
- Listening Center: Students will listen to the story, The Runaway Mummy and draw some of the characters from the story
- Big Book Center: Students will look for sight words in our Big Book Bin
- Writing Center: Students will have their choice of the following at writing center:
- Picture cards: choose a card, draw a picture and write a sentence about the picture.
- Independent journal: free write and draw in their journal
- Theme writing: A few of some spooky things
- Sticker Stories: choose 1 sticker and sound out the word and draw a picture
- Parts of a bat
- How big and how small are bats
- Bats diet, home, life
- Bat video
- Bats: can, have, are
- There was an old lady who swallowed a bat
- Candy corn leaf counting
- Batty eyes number id and counting
- Id. bigger and smaller numbers with dot cards
- Fruit snack graphing
- Batty about adding; roll and add with dice
- Haunted House candy patterns
Odds and Ends
- Students are not allowed to dress for Halloween per school policy. Don’t worry, we have some fun activities planned for that day.
- We will be celebrating all October birthdays on Friday. If your child had a birthday in October and you would like to bring snacks for the class, please email me.
- Please check out our blog weekly