We had a blast all last week when we celebrated Dr. Seuss.
· Big Bear Poem
· Sight word pass the ball
- New Sight words: five, that, day
- Practice the following words at home as well… I, can, like, see , the, and, look, have, are, is, for, my, go, play, am, here, run, we, in, eat, you, will, big, little, me, on, with, said, at, come, it, up, down, this, be, his, her, zero, out, was, all, love, one, because, why, two, three, they, but is, she, four
- Sight word songs and dance
- Teacher Table: guided reading
- Independent Reading: self-selected books and practice reading BOB books and Green Eggs and Ham
- Word wall center: Building/Writing sight words with choice of…playdoh, wikki stix, puff balls, jewels, rainbow writing, stack and build, spin and win, roll and write, etc.
- Library: reading independently or with a buddy self- selected books from our library
- Art Center: Bear art, independent creations from paint, markers, stamps, crayons, tissue paper, colored pencils, stencils, etc.
- Parent Games: SPLAT sight word identification
- IPad’s: choice of ABC mouse or RAZ kids
All about Bears
We will be learning about their diet, habitat, strong bodies and comparing/contrasting the bears
- Polar Bears
- Panda Bears
- Brown Bears
- All about my teddy bear
- February Math Journals
- Brown Bear hunt and graph
- Bear measuring
- Gummy Bear Graphing
- Teddy Graham adding
- Math Centers
- ST math
- Bear in a cave (10 frames)
- Roll a bear and add
- Geo Boards
Odds and Ends
- Remember…every Thursday is SPIRIT DAY. Wear your Ray gear or green!
- We are in need of a parent volunteer every Thursday from 9:30-10:30 to help with parent games. If you are interested in helping and committing to the rest of the year please send me an email.
- Scholastic orders are due March 11th
- Please have all teddy bear week donations in by Monday…..thank you to everyone who donated!!
- Check our class dojo daily for pictures and posts about what is happening in room 101.