Here is a sneak peak at what we will be doing in kindergarten this week….
· Penguin hello
· Penguin poem
- New Sight words: zero, out, was
- Practice the following words at home as well… I, can, like, see , the, and, look, have, are, is, for, my, go, play, am, here, run, we, in, eat, you, will, big, little, me, on, with, said, at, come, it, up, down, this, be, his, her
- Sight word songs and dance
- Main characters, minor characters
- Teacher Table: guided reading, making sentences with magnetic words
- Art Center: independent creations from paint, markers, stamps, crayons, colored pencils, stencils, etc.
- Listening Center: Students will listen to the story, “If I were a penguin” draw a picture of a penguin in its habitat
- Library: reading independently or with a buddy self- selected books from our library
- Buddy Reading: reading books from our book box with a friend
- Parent Games: Snowman CVC words
- IPad’s: choice of ABC mouse or RAZ kids
- Parts of a penguin
- A Penguin habitat
- Penguin measuring and patterns
- Greater than, Less than, equal to penguins
- Math Centers
- Magna Tiles
- Train Game
- Dot memory
- ST math
Odds and Ends
- Snack Helpers for this week
- Charlie A, Kayveon, Pharrah, Agnes
- Scholastic orders are due Feb 11th.
- No school Friday, February 5th for students. We will be having a professional development day.
- Remember…every Thursday is SPIRIT DAY. Wear your Ray gear or green!
- We are in need of a parent volunteer every Thursday from 9:30-10:30 to help with parent games. If you are interested in helping and committing to the rest of the year please send me an email.
- Our field trip to the Children’s Museum is on Tuesday, February 2nd. This is a normal school day for students with the regular start time of 8:45 a.m. and end time of 3:45 p.m.
- For our field trip, students must bring a DISPOSABLE lunch. The place is shoe-free. Remember to bring socks! The students are really looking forward to this field trip and it should be a great time.