· Goldfish greeting
· Turn and talk topics: being kind and giving to others (Reflecting on The Rainbow Fish)
· Go noodle
- New Sight words: six, as, of
- Practice the following words at home as well… I, can, like, see , the, and, a, look, have, are, is, for, my, go, play, am, here, run, we, in, eat, you, will, big, little, me, on, with, said, at, come, it, up, down, this, be, his, her, zero, out, was, all, love, one, because, why, two, three, they, but is, she, four, five, that, day
- Sight word songs and dance
- The Rainbow Fish
- Teacher Table: Each group will be reading a book based on their reading level. Each group will have a different focus for their story.
- guided reading, fish writing
- Buddy Reading: reading books from our book box with a friend
- Each student chose 5 fun books to keep in their box, 3 leveled BOB books and Green Eggs and Ham
- Listening Center: If you give a cat a cupcake
- Draw and label favorite part of story
- Library: reading independently or with a buddy self- selected books from our library
- Art Center: Fish art, independent creations from paint, markers, stamps, crayons, tissue paper, colored pencils, stencils, etc.
- Parent Games: ZINGO
- IPad’s: choice of ABC mouse or RAZ kids
We will be completing a science journal based on fish this week.
- Parts of a fish
- How to care for your fish
- Fish habitat
- All about fish
- Fish: can, have, are
- Teen partners
- Number Stories
- Fish bowl addition
- Double tens frame
- Math Centers
- ST math
- The equal sign: creating different ways to show an equal number on both sides
- Goldfish graphing
- Geo Boards
Odds and Ends
- Remember…every Thursday is SPIRIT DAY. Wear your Ray gear or green!
- We are in need of a parent volunteer every Thursday from 9:30-10:30 to help with parent games. If you are interested in helping and committing to the rest of the year please send me an email.
- If you haven’t heard already…Cooper is going to be a big brother in September. We are beyond excited!
- Next Wednesday is our field trip to the Shedd. Please have all permission slips turned in by Thursday. Chaperones will be contacted soon.
- We will not have school on March 25th.