I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! We have so much to be thankful for. I am so thankful for all my kindergarten kiddos! :)
Here is a sneak peak at what we will be doing in kindergarten this week….
· Good morning poem
- Activity: Four gingerbread men poem
- December song
- New Sight words: run, we, in
- Practice the following words at home as well… I, can, like, see , the, and, look, have, are, is, for, my, go, play, am, here
- Sight word songs and dance
- Predictable Sentence: Run, we can hide in the ________.
- Predictable Sentence class book
- Teacher Table: guided reading, phonics games
- Art Center: independent creations from paint, markers, stamps, crayons, colored pencils, stencils, etc.
- Library: Reading books from our class library with a friend, stuffed animal or independently
- Word Wall: Building/Writing sight words with choice of…playdoh, wikki stix, puff balls, jewels, rainbow writing, stack and build
- Listening Center: Students will listen to the story, The Gingerbread Mouse and draw/label a house for the mouse
- Parent Games: Sight word parking
- IPad’s: choice of ABC mouse or RAZ kids
- Reading various gingerbread stories (this is always a favorite theme for the kids)
- The gingerbread man, girl, cowboy, boy, cowboy
- We will identify the characters, setting, ending, and repeated sayings from each story.
- At the end of the 2 week theme we will compare and contrast the stories
- December Journals
- Gingerbread glyph
- If I were a gingerbread girl or boy…
- ST math
- Gingerbread Symmetry
- Gingerbread Addition
- Gingerbread Measuring
- Gingerbread Graphing
- Gingerbread Subtraction
- Gingerbread Shape Person
- Magna Tiles
- Our class donated close to 100 non-perishable food items for the food drive. We earned a pizza party for coming in 2nd place for the most items donated! WAY TO GO!
- WISHLIST: gumdrops, peppermints
- Ray Spirit Day is every Thursday…wear green and white
- Please check out our blog weekly. I post weekly pictures of what we are doing in our classroom!!