Here is a sneak peak at what we will be doing in kindergarten this week….
· Good morning poem
- Activity: Four gingerbread men poem and the 5 little reindeer song
- New Sight words: eat, you, will
- Practice the following words at home as well… I, can, like, see , the, and, look, have, are, is, for, my, go, play, am, here, run, we, in
- Sight word songs and dance
- Predictable Sentence: Run, gingerbread (child’s name) the ________ will eat you.
- Predictable Sentence class book
- Teacher Table: guided reading, phonics games
- Puppet Theater: acting out the following stories with puppets…
- Brown Bear, The Gingerbread Man, Goldilocks
- Library: Reading books from our class library with a friend, stuffed animal or independently
- Word Wall: Building/Writing sight words with choice of…playdoh, wikki stix, puff balls, jewels, rainbow writing, stack and build
- Writing Center: Students will have their choice of the following at writing center:
- Picture cards: choose a card, draw a picture and write a sentence about the picture.
- Independent journal: free write and draw in their journal
- December crowns
- Sticker Stories: choose 1 sticker and sound out the word and draw a picture
- Parent Games: Gingerbread man sight words
- IPad’s: choice of ABC mouse or RAZ kids
- Reading various gingerbread stories (this is always a favorite theme for the kids)
- The gingerbread bear, The gingerbread pirates, Gingerbread friends, Gingerbread man loose in school
- We will identify the characters, setting, ending, and repeated sayings from each story.
- Gingerbread houses
- How to eat a gingerbread man
- December Journals
- ST math
- December math journals
- Pattern block graphing
- Gingerbread man squeeze
- Gingerbread man measuring
- Gingerbread man shapes
- Gingerbread man take away stories
- Magna Tiles
- Gingerbread projects are due December 11th. Get CREATIVE!
- The following students are in charge of snacks this week…
- Tnyah, Charlie F., Miles, Milan, Pharrah
- WISHLIST for our class: gumdrops, peppermints
- Ray Spirit Day is every Thursday…wear green and white
- Please check out our blog weekly. I post weekly pictures of what we are doing in our classroom!!