Michael Haggerty phonemic awareness
SEL: identifying emotions
We have covered all the letters in the alphabet! We are learning about the following digraphs: sh, ch, th, wh
Sight words: am, for, you
- Here is a look at what the centers will be for this week...
- Library: Reading the various gingerbread books
- Word Wall: new game introduced: spin to win
- Parent Games: Gingerbread man sight word houses
- Writing Center: Write around the room
- I Pads
- Teacher time with Ms. Lane: Differentiated Gingerbread activities
- Teacher table with Mrs. Burks: Guided reading
How to trap a gingerbread man: Creating a trap and labeling the parts
Gingerbread man experiment
Gingerbread bear: Identifying the beginning, middle and end of the story
Journal writing: writing a complete sentence to match our gingerbread picture
My gingerbread house: Decorating with our 2nd grade buddies
gingerbread family adding
Graphing our favorite gingerbread story
Math Centers: gingerbread traps, making a gingerbread house using toothpicks, marshmallows, and gumdrops, bridge making for the gingerbread man to cross, IPads, rainbow blocks
Odds and Ends
We are in need of snacks. If you can supply our class with some snacks please bring them to school this week.
Our field trip is on Friday! Each student needs to pack a lunch to eat. We will not be eating during our typical lunch period. Make sure your child wears tennis shoes on Friday. We will be walking to see the Nutcracker.