We had a WONDERFUL field trip to WONDERWORKS last week! If you are in need of a fun place for your kiddos over the weekend I highly recommend visiting. I will definitely be taking Cooper there soon.
Here is a sneak peak at what we will be doing in kindergarten this week….
· Penguin hello
· Penguin poem
- New Sight words: all, love, one
- Practice the following words at home as well… I, can, like, see , the, and, look, have, are, is, for, my, go, play, am, here, run, we, in, eat, you, will, big, little, me, on, with, said, at, come, it, up, down, this, be, his, her, zero, out, was
- Sight word songs and dance
- Main characters, minor characters
- Teacher Table: guided reading
- Art Center: Penguin art, independent creations from paint, foam paint, markers, stamps, crayons, tissue paper, colored pencils, stencils, etc.
- Listening Center: Students will listen to the story, “Ninja red riding hood” draw/label a picture of the characters in the story
- Library: reading independently or with a buddy self- selected books from our library
- Buddy Reading: reading books from our book box with a friend
- Parent Games: Roll and Write sight words
- IPad’s: choice of ABC mouse or RAZ kids
- Penguin predators and prey
- A day in the life of a penguin
- All about penguins
- Penguin/Antarctica presentation from Ms. Breit (she has lots of cool pictures from her trip to Antarctica)
- can, have are
- Penguin ice cube measuring
- Penguin feet measuring
- <,>.= LOVE BUGS
- Penguin adding
- 10 frame penguins
- Candy heart sorting and graphing
Odds and Ends
- Snack Helpers for this week
- Charlie A, Kayveon, Pharrah
- Scholastic orders are due Feb 11th.
- No school Monday, February 15th for students in observance of President’s Day.
- I will be taking a half day this Thursday. Please remind your child they will be having a substitute after lunch.
- Remember…every Thursday is SPIRIT DAY. Wear your Ray gear or green!
- We are in need of a parent volunteer every Thursday from 9:30-10:30 to help with parent games. If you are interested in helping and committing to the rest of the year please send me an email.
- We will be celebrating Valentine’s Day on Friday the 12th. The children are encouraged to bring a valentine for each of their classmates (24). We are asking that the students only write who the valentine is from. Please do not write who the valentine is to. Please email your child’s teacher if you would like to volunteer to help with our Valentine’s Day party from 2:45-3:30 p.m. on the 12th. We are needing donations of two extra large bags of conversation hearts and treats for our party like... cookies, cheezits, cupcakes, paperplates etc. Email me ASAP if you would like to donate and/or volunteer. We look forward to celebrating Valentine’s Day next Friday.
- We are only a little over $50 from meeting our DONOR’S CHOOSE goal for our new rug. If you know anyone who would be interested in helping meet our goal please pass the link along.