Here is a sneak peak at what we will be doing in kindergarten this week….
· Hello Neighbor Greeting and Dance
- Activity: The Turkey Pokey
- Letter poems and sounds
- New Sight words: play, am, here
- Practice the following words at home as well… I, can, like, see , the, and, look, have, are, is, for, my, go
- Sight word songs and dance
- Phonemic Awareness
- Predictable Sentence: I am thankful for________.
- Predictable Sentence class book
- Teacher Table: guided reading, phonics games
- Independent Reading: reading books from our book box
- Library: Reading books from our class library with a friend, stuffed animal or independently
- Word Wall: Building/Writing sight words with choice of…playdoh, wikki stix, puff balls, jewels, rainbow writing, stack and build
- Listening Center: Students will listen to the story, Turkey Trouble and draw/label 3 characters from the story
- Parent Games: Race Car letter match…Capital and lower case letter match/id each letter and creating the sounds
- Writing Center: Students will have their choice of the following at writing center:
- Picture cards: choose a card, draw a picture and write a sentence about the picture.
- Independent journal: free write and draw in their journal
- Thanksgiving crowns
- Sticker Stories: choose 1 sticker and sound out the word and draw a picture
- The Mayflower
- Daily life of a pilgrim child
- Native Americans and symbols
- November Journals
- ST math
- Native American pattern headbands
- Counting by 10’s
- Ordering by 10’s
- Mayflower take away stories
- Turkey Addition
- Magna Tiles
- Student Council will be collecting non-perishable food items next week for our yearly food drive. If you are able…please donate.
- Our “disguise a turkey” is due Monday.
- Report card pickup is Wednesday, please check blog for scheduled time.
- WISHLIST: pack of brown paper lunch bags
- Ray Spirit Day is every Thursday…wear green and white