I hope everyone had a nice 3 day weekend. Here is a sneak peak at what we will be doing in kindergarten this week….
· Good morning song
· 100 things I love and 100 things I dislike
- New Sight words: because, why, two
- Practice the following words at home as well… I, can, like, see , the, and, look, have, are, is, for, my, go, play, am, here, run, we, in, eat, you, will, big, little, me, on, with, said, at, come, it, up, down, this, be, his, her, zero, out, was, all, love, one
- Sight word songs and dance
- Context clues
- Teacher Table: guided reading
- Independent Reading: self-selected books and practice reading BOB books
- Word wall center: Building/Writing sight words with choice of…playdoh, wikki stix, puff balls, jewels, rainbow writing, stack and build, roll and write, etc.
- Library: reading independently or with a buddy self- selected books from our library
- Writing Center: Students will have their choice of the following at writing center:
- Picture cards: choose a card, draw a picture and write 2 sentences about the picture.
- Independent journal: free write and draw in their journal
- Sticker Stories: choose 1 sticker and sound out the word and draw a picture
- Parent Games: Spin and graph sight words
- IPad’s: choice of ABC mouse or RAZ kids
- All about George Washington
- All about Abe Lincoln
- Compare and Contrast the two presidents
- February Journals
- 5 star writing
- Exploring Capacity
- Roll and record with 2 dice
- February Math Journals
- 10 bears on a bus (10 frames)
- Math Centers
- ST math
- Top it
- Penny Graphing
- Magna tiles
- Geo Boards
Odds and Ends
- Remember…every Thursday is SPIRIT DAY. Wear your Ray gear or green!
- We are in need of a parent volunteer every Thursday from 9:30-10:30 to help with parent games. If you are interested in helping and committing to the rest of the year please send me an email.
- We are in need of some fresh play doh. If you are interested in making 2 batches for our class, please send me an email.
- Don’t forget that next Monday is the 100th day of school. Please see letter that was sent home last Friday.