· Hello Neighbor Song
· Sharing about a new feeling each day
Intro to: No more letter of the week: learning poems and sounds for every letter
Go Noodle stretching and dancing
- New Sight words: play, are, of
- I, like, see, the, we, like, big, little, can, and, to, look, at, my, yes, no, you, have, a, am, run, go, here, eat, he, she, in, out, was, me, is, on, be, with, it
- Sight word songs and dance
- We worked really hard at building stamina during independent reading. We reached our goal of 20 minutes with NO interruptions. YAY!
- We will be practicing buddy reading this week. Ask your kiddo the 4 different ways we can buddy read. Our goal again is to reach 20 minutes of uninterrupted buddy reading. Once we reach our goal we will practice switching between the 2 centers. Next week we will add a new center: Library center
- I will also be testing the kids over the next few weeks on letter id, first sounds, segmenting sounds in a word, sight word recognition and reading level
If I lived in a snow-globe
Snowmen at Experiment
Snowmen at Night
- Snowman Symmetry
- Measuring with cubes
- Snowflake tally marks
- Snowman sequencing, snowadorable colors, roll and record winter animals, exploration
Odds and Ends
- Remember…every Wednesday is Warrior Wednesday. Wear your Ray gear or green!
- If you have not returned the field trip permission slip along with $10, please return asap.
- We are in need of homemade playdough. If you are interested in making some, please send me an email. There are tons of great recipes online. (You can get super creative by adding scents and glitter)
- PRACTICE all of the sight words covered in kindergarten up to this point. I have noticed many of the students are struggling with identifying, writing and spelling many sight words.