Here is a sneak peak at what we will be doing in kindergarten this week….
· Snowflake greeting
· Snowflakes song
- Snowman song
- New Sight words: up, down, this
- Practice the following words at home as well… I, can, like, see , the, and, look, have, are, is, for, my, go, play, am, here, run, we, in, eat, you, will, big, little, me, on, with, said, at, come, it
- Sight word songs and dance
- CVC words and chopping out the sounds
- Teacher Table: Middle of the year dibels testing
- Art Center: independent creations from paint, markers, stamps, crayons, colored pencils, stencils, etc.
- Listening Center: Students will listen to the story, “Snowmen at night” and draw a picture/label a favorite scene from the story.
- Word Wall: Building/Writing sight words with choice of…playdoh, wikki stix, puff balls, jewels, rainbow writing, stack and build
- Buddy Reading: Reading books with a buddy
- Library: reading independently or with a buddy self- selected books from our library
- Parent Games: Sight word castle creations
- Reading sight words on blocks and building your own creation
- IPad’s: choice of ABC mouse or RAZ kids
- Snowmen at night
- Snowman art project
- Write about what you would do for fun at night if you were a snowman
- Melted snowman art project
- Write about how your snowman melted (cause and effect)
- ST math
- Tricky Teens
- Quick looks 10 frames
- Winter measuring
- Roll and Record
- Adding with dice
- Snowflake symmetry
- Magna Tiles
Odds and Ends
- Snack Helpers for this week
- Pharrah, Brendan, Gavina, Gaelen
- Scholastic orders are due January 20th.
- Please return field trip forms along with $10.00 cash asap
Help me build a better classroom
I want to make sure my students have the materials they need to succeed, so I just created a DonorsChoose.org classroom request. The link is below…
If anyone gives to our classroom by January 22, 2016 their donation will be doubled thanks to DonorsChoose.org. Just enter the code LIFTOFF during checkout and you'll be matched dollar for dollar (up to $100).
In return, you'll get awesome photos of your gift in action and our heartfelt thanks.
Thank you so much,
P.S. If you know anyone who may want to help my students, please pass this along!