Here is a sneak peak at what we will be doing in kindergarten this week….
· Good morning hi 5’s
- Activity: 5 fat turkeys song, Go Noodle with Maximo
- Letter and Sounds: We have covered all the letters in the alphabet and we will be learning diagraphs this week
- New Sight words: my, go
- Practice the following words at home as well… I, can, like, see , the, and, look, have, are, is, for
- Sight word songs and dance
- Phonemic Awareness
- **Teacher Table: 1st: exploring RAZ kids and ABC mouse on our NEW ipads!!
- Buddy Reading: reading books from our book box with a friend
- Library: Reading books from our class library with a friend, stuffed animal or independently
- Word Wall: Building/Writing sight words with choice of…playdoh, stack and build, wikki stix, puff balls, jewels, rainbow writing
- Listening Center: Students will listen to the story, Llama Llama red pajamas and draw a picture of their favorite pj’s
- Parent Games: Skeleton slap: Id letters and sounds
- Writing Center: Students will have their choice of the following at writing center:
- Picture cards: choose a card, draw a picture and write a sentence about the picture.
- Independent journal: free write and draw in their journal
- Sticker Stories: choose 1 sticker and sound out the word and draw a picture
- ABC book: drawing 2 things that begin with a letter and writing a complete sentence for each letter.
- Exploring various kinds of fabric
- Fabric collages
- November Math Journals
- How many
- Roll and count on pumpkins
- Pete the Cat roll and race
- Play dough numbers
Odds and Ends
- If your child brought home a snack letter on Friday, please bring snacks for 22 kids by Monday.
- Please make sure your kiddo is practicing their sight words daily. All homework is due on Friday.
- There will not be school on Wednesday in observance of Veteran’s Day
- No School on Friday for the kiddos: Teacher PD
- Parent Teacher conferences are next Wednesday. If you have not sent back the form with your preferred conference times, please do so ASAP. I will send home a confirmation of your time on Friday. I will also post all times on our blog.
- November 16th our disguise a turkey is due! Have fun with your kiddo and get super creative. We don’t want our little turkeys to be eaten on Thanksgiving.
- Please check out our blog weekly. I post weekly pictures of what we are doing in our classroom!!
- Ray spirit day is every Thursday. Show spirit and wear your Ray shirt or green and white!
- Scholastic orders are due next week.