We are off to a great start in Room 101. Over the next couple of weeks we will be striving to set a strong routine in our room. We are working hard at following directions and becoming a community made up of peacemakers. Each week I will update our classroom blog (found on the Ray website) with what’s happening in our room, reminders and important information. Please make sure you check it out weekly. Below are a few odds and ends to help you out.
- Every student needs to have a labeled backpack and folder that they will bring to school every day. If you have any notes for me remind your child to place them in the “notes from home” basket, or hand them to me. Student folders are to come back and forth from school each day. Folders should be emptied out each night so new notes and projects can be placed in them daily. Remember that kindergarteners tend to lose items…so please do not send anything expensive to school in case it gets lost.
- All kindergarten specials are from 2:45-3:45. Starting on Monday, your child will be dismissed by the specials teacher. Please introduce yourself to them and remind your kiddo to tell the teacher “bye” before leaving. Over the next 5 weeks they will be dismissed by the gym (Mr. K) or art teacher (Mr. Beestrum) at the end of each day. Please be on time.
- Accidents happen…please pack an extra pair of undies and pants in your child’s backpack. The extra set of clothes will stay in their backpack each day.
- Please subscribe to our Class Dojo (information is attached) We will kick off our Class Dojo next week. You will be able to have updates on how your little one is doing throughout the day and view photos of all the activities we are doing in class. All specials teachers will be using Class Dojo too. Please subscribe ASAP. If you do NOT want your child photographed please email me.
- Pick up is at 8:40 and drop off is at 3:40. Please meet us alongside the wall by the exit doors at dismissal and at our number 101 at arrival.
- Students may bring a water bottle to keep in the classroom. They must have a secure lid that students can open and close to prevent spills. Only water may be kept in the bottle.
- Please drop off any school supplies ASAP if you have not already done so.
- Please fill out and return any paperwork.
- If you are wanting to volunteer in the classroom, please fill out the attached form and return to me. CPS also requests a background check for all volunteers. More info can be found in the main office. Classroom volunteers will not begin until mid-October.
- If your child is tardy they will need to get a tardy slip from the security officer at the front of the school on the 1st floor.
- I will be handing out snack donation letters next week. Please donate this week if you are able to. I am asking for NUT FREE snacks, for 25 students. Some great examples are: goldfish, veggie straws, raisins, fruit snacks, etc.
- Because we are a NUT FREE classroom please make sure breakfast is finished before entering the classroom.
- The Back to School Open House will be Thursday, September 14th from 4-6 pm. The first hour is open and in classrooms. The second hour will be in the auditorium and will be the State of School.
- If you have any questions/concerns, please email me at: email@example.com
I’m looking forward to a wonderful school year!
Mrs. Burks and Ms. Lane