· Animal greeting
· Hot potato game
· Go noodle
- New Sight words: seven, yes, no
- Practice the following words at home as well… I, can, like, see , the, and, a, look, have, are, is, for, my, go, play, am, here, run, we, in, eat, you, will, big, little, me, on, with, said, at, come, it, up, down, this, be, his, her, zero, out, was, all, love, one, because, why, two, three, they, but is, she, four, five, that, day, six, as, of
- Sight word songs and dance
- Teacher Table: Each group will be reading a book based on their reading level. Each group will have a different focus for their story.
- guided reading, fish writing
- Buddy Reading: reading books from our book box with a friend
- Each student chose 5 fun books to keep in their box, 3 leveled BOB books and Green Eggs and Ham
- Library: reading independently or with a buddy self- selected books from our library
- Writing Center: Students will have their choice of the following at writing center:
- Picture cards: choose a card, draw a picture and write a sentence about the picture.
- Independent journal: free write and draw in their journal
- Sticker Stories: choose 1 sticker and write a story about it
- Art Center: Fish art, independent creations from paint, markers, stamps, crayons, tissue paper, colored pencils, stencils, etc.
- Parent Games: Read aloud
- IPad’s: choice of ABC mouse or RAZ kids
We will be completing a science journal based on fish this week.
- Parts of a worm
- Worm exploration
- The diary of a worm
- Worms: can, have, are
- Worm measuring
- The addition symbol
- Growing Train
- Math Centers
- ST math
- Top it
- Geo Boards
Odds and Ends
- Remember…every Thursday is SPIRIT DAY. Wear your Ray gear or green!
- We are in need of a parent volunteer every Thursday from 9:30-10:30 to help with parent games. If you are interested in helping and committing to the rest of the year please send me an email.
- Wednesday is our field trip to the Shedd. All students must have a disposable lunch and drink.
- I will be out of town on Thursday, please remind your child they will have a substitute teacher.
- We will not have school on March 25th. Enjoy the holiday weekend.