· Good morning song
· How can we show kindness and patience this week? Turn and talk
- New Sight words: three, they, but
- Practice the following words at home as well… I, can, like, see , the, and, look, have, are, is, for, my, go, play, am, here, run, we, in, eat, you, will, big, little, me, on, with, said, at, come, it, up, down, this, be, his, her, zero, out, was, all, love, one, because, why, two
- Sight word songs and dance
- Context clues
- Teacher Table: guided reading
- Independent Reading: self-selected books and practice reading BOB books
- Word wall center: Building/Writing sight words with choice of…playdoh, wikki stix, puff balls, jewels, rainbow writing, stack and build, spin and win, roll and write, etc.
- Library: reading independently or with a buddy self- selected books from our library
- Puppet theater: Acting out fairy tales and other fun stories we have read in class
- Parent Games: Solo cup sight words structures
- IPad’s: choice of ABC mouse or RAZ kids
100’s Day and Ruby Bridges
- All Ruby Bridges
- When I am 100 years old…
- 100’s day read alouds
- Thank you letters for our class rug
- February Journals
- 5 star writing
- February Math Journals
- Roll to 100
- Finding shapes
- 3d shapes
- Place value
- Math Centers
- ST math
- Top it
- Number Bonds
- Geo Boards
Odds and Ends
- Remember…every Thursday is SPIRIT DAY. Wear your Ray gear or green!
- We are in need of a parent volunteer every Thursday from 9:30-10:30 to help with parent games. If you are interested in helping and committing to the rest of the year please send me an email.
- Ray will be hosting a Black History Month celebration on February 25th from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. , everyone is invited to celebrate!
- Don’t forget that Monday is the 100th day of school. Wear your 100’s day shirt and bring your 100’s day snack.
- Check our class dojo daily for pictures and posts about what is happening in room 101.