Good morning greeting
Whole group games
Guided Reading with Mrs. Burks (I will be working in small groups this week completing NWEA/REACH assessments)
Parent Games: ZINGO
Art Center: Create an insect (remember all the body parts)
Listening center: Student choice this week!!!
writing center: The Very Hungry Caterpillar writing
Creating a list of all the foods he ate
Our new sight words are: find, under, must
All about Dinosaurs
Meat eaters and plant eaters
We will also be practicing for our play during this time each day!
Math (Whole Group)
What's my rule?
addition and subtraction with pictures and a matching number sentence
Math Centers: Teacher Table, number scrolls, top it addition, ST math, pattern blocks, magna tiles and dinosaurs, wooden blocks
Odds and Ends:
Friday, June 8th - Annual Kindergarten Very Hungry Caterpillar Play and Ice Cream Sundae Celebration
- The Ice Cream Sundae Celebration will immediately follow the play on the north playground (if bad weather we will be in the kindergarten hallway).
- A letter was sent home requesting donations for the celebration. Please return that letter and wait for confirmation from me for what to bring. We ask for you to wait for the confirmation so that we do not have too much of one thing and that you are not spending unnecessary money.
- Roles for the play have been sent home, if you are not sure which part your child is playing please contact me ASAP. Contact me with any questions.
- Looking forward to seeing all Room 101 families at our play and then celebrating with us afterwards!!
- Monday, June 18th - Beach Day (more info coming soon)
- Tuesday, June 19th - All School Picnic and last day of school
- Kindergarten will be outside all morning on the south/east playground
- Students may bring blankets/towels to sit on, games, snacks, etc.
- Students should wear shoes to run around in, sunscreen, hat, etc.
- Summer birthdays may bring treats to share
- Lunch is provided, usually a hot dog and chips, but students may bring their own
- Families are welcomed and encouraged to attend
- Report Cards will be distributed
- This is a full day of school
There will be no more homework this school year. Students are to continue to practice reading and sight words daily. Enjoy the extra time to play outside and explore!
ABC Countdown to Summer:
- 6/4 0 - Opposite Day
- 6/5 P - Pajama Day
- 6/6 Q - Question Day
- 6/7 R - Races at Recess Day
- 6/8 S - Superhero Day