Here is a sneak peak at what we will be doing in kindergarten this week….
· Good morning greeting
- Activity: 5 fat turkeys song, Itsy Bitsy Spider song
- Letter and Sounds
- New Sight words: are, is, for
- Practice the following words at home as well… I, can, like, see , the, and, look, have
- Sight word songs and dance
- Phonemic Awareness
- Predictable Sentence: Spider are _____.
- Predictable Sentence class book
- We have covered all the letters in class except: C, I, U
- **Teacher Table: 1st quarter assessment for report cards
- Independent Reading: reading books from our book box
- Library: Reading books from our class library with a friend, stuffed animal or independently
- Word Wall: Building/Writing sight words with choice of…playdoh, wikki stix, puff balls, jewels, rainbow writing
- Listening Center: Students will listen to the story, The Runaway Mummy and draw some of the characters from the story
- **Parent Games: Pumpkin Match…Capital and Lower case letter match/id each letter and creating the sounds
- Writing Center: Students will have their choice of the following at writing center:
- Picture cards: choose a card, draw a picture and write a sentence about the picture.
- Independent journal: free write and draw in their journal
- Theme writing: A few of some spooky things
- Sticker Stories: choose 1 sticker and sound out the word and draw a picture
- Parts of a spider
- Sight Word Spiders
- Spiders: can, have, are
- All about Spiders
- November Journals
- Spider Graphing
- November Math Journals
- Spooky Bigger Numbers
- Number Writing 1-20
- Spider Patterns
- Pocket Problems
- Spider Roll, Add and Color
- Spider Web Number order 1-15
- Spider Leg dot count
- If your child brought home a snack letter on Friday, please bring snacks for 22 kids by Monday.
- Please check out our blog weekly. I post weekly pictures of what we are doing in our classroom!!
- Scholastic orders are due in 2 weeks.