· Hello Neighbor Song
Intro to: learning poems and sounds for every letter
Go Noodle stretching and dancing
- New Sight words: said, up, down
- I, like, see, the, we, like, big, little, can, and, to, look, at, my, yes, no, you, have, a, am, run, go, here, eat, he, she, in, out, was, me, is, on, be, with, it, play, are, of, with
- Sight word songs and dance
- We worked really hard at building stamina during buddy reading last week.
- We will be practicing using our classroom library this week for centers.
- Next week we will learn all of the fun activities we can do at "word wall" center.
- Playdough sight words, sight word jewels, magic sight words, spin a word, roll and record a sight word, rainbow writing and much much more!
- I will also be testing the kids this week on letter id, first sounds, segmenting sounds in a word, sight word recognition and reading level. Once I have all of the students tested we can really focus on learning more centers.
Snowy Day activity
Winter read alouds
Shape Snowflakes (focusing on symmetry)
Hot cocoa addition
Hot cocoa graphing (whole group and recording data)
Snow much addition
ST math on Ipads, Roll and add hot chocolate, exploration, snowflake adding
Odds and Ends
- Remember…every Wednesday is Warrior Wednesday. Wear your Ray gear or green!
- Our field trip is this TUESDAY! Please make sure your child has a DISPOSABLE lunch. Also, please make sure your child wears socks because it is a shoe free museum.
- This Friday is PJ DAY in Kindergarten. We will be drinking hot chocolate and creating some fun winter projects to end our "snow" unit. If you are able to donate miniature marshmallows or small foam cups please send me a DOJO text or email.
- We are in need of homemade playdough. If you are interested in making some, please send me an email. There are tons of great recipes online. (You can get super creative by adding scents and glitter)
- PRACTICE all of the sight words covered in kindergarten up to this point. I have noticed many of the students are struggling with identifying, writing and spelling many sight words.